An RC circuit has a 6-V battery, a resistor, and a capacitor. At , there is no charge on the capacitor plates. At , the switch is closed, and the capacitor begins to charge.
- What is the time constant of the charging capacitor?
- Sketch graphs of vs. , vs. , vs. , and vs. .
- At , what is , , , and ?
- Sketch the charge on the capacitor plates at .
- Sketch due to surface charge on the wire at point P at .
- Sketch the fringe field due to surface charge on the capacitor plates, at point P at .
- Sketch at point P at .