Welcome to the course web site for Aaron Titus' section of PHY 1050 at High Point University. The course meets in person for lecture, in-class activities, labs, and observing sessions; however, many of the course materials are available through this web site.
This course will have the following features:
- readings from Discovering Astronomy, 6th edition, by S. Shawl, G. Byrd, S Deustua, M. Lopresto
- homework, quizzes, and exams automatically delivered and graded on WebAssign
- interactive astronomy simulations
- video tutorials
- text messaging for announcements and reminders
- travel to various observatories and a planetarium
- laboratory exercises including CLEA simulations and data analysis
Now, proceed to the Course Introduction.