Welcome to the online version of AST121 at High Point University. The content, activities, and labs are very similar to the course I (Dr. Titus) have taught in the Evening Degree Program at High Point University. Therefore, I hope that you will find the online course just as enjoyable and just as rigorous as the one that meets on campus.
This course will have the following features:
- readings from The Cosmos: Astronomy in the New Millenium, by Pasachoff and Filippenko
- homework, quizzes, and exams automatically delivered and graded on WebAssign
- interactive astronomy simulations
- video lectures and tutorials
- email listserve
- instant messaging for instant help
- travel to various observatories and a planetarium
Now, proceed to the Course Introduction.